Milestones after over 70 years in business:
- 1941 - Laminación y Derivados ( Layde ) was founded during the big industrial boom in Spain
- 1990 - British Steel main Steel mill in the UK, acquired 34% of Layde shares in response to its international expansion strategy.
- July 1999 - British Steel acquired 100% of Layde shares and becomes the owner.
- October 1999 - British Steel & the Dutch Koninklijke Hoogovens merged and Corus Group was founded and became Layde’s owner.
- April 2007 - Tata Group acquired Corus Group which becomes Tata Steel.
- Today - inside Tata Steel, Layde is expanding into international markets and diversifying its product portfolio to satisfy customer needs.
Layde occupies a 70,000 m2 site, with a 40.000 m2 building.